The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) dates back to 1853 (168 years), the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) from 1904 (117 years), and the Uzbekistan Federation of Accountants from 2001 (20 years). Twenty years is a little or a lot for the formation and development of a professional organization of accountants?! What are the results of 20 years of activity?
Most importantly, today our professional organization of accountants continues to exist and develop. And our main wealth is our members (certified professional accountants). Over these twenty years, 630 specialists have become active members of our Federation. Although many of them left the membership for various reasons, it is encouraging that those who decided to restore their membership in the Federation of Accountants of Uzbekistan began to appear. And currently there are 66 professional specialists in the ranks of full members of the Federation.
What is the benefit of being a member of our professional organization? Membership in the Federation of Accountants means belonging to the professional community of Uzbekistan, being in demand in the labor market, good motivation for career growth and self-confidence as a professional in their field.
All these years of the existence of the Federation of Accountants, we have not stood still, otherwise we would not have withstood the competition. Federation of Accountants of Uzbekistan:
1) develops and updates programs for the training and professional development of accountants, and also creates materials for these programs;
2) conducts certification of teachers in accounting disciplines;
3) organizes trainings, seminars, conferences, professional competitions;
4) interacts with the business community so that the education of accountants meets the requirements of employers;
5) provides an expert assessment of draft laws and regulations that relate to accounting, taxation and higher education;
6) establish working relations with international and national professional organizations of accountants and auditors. The Federation has strengthened its international contacts with professional organizations from other countries, exchanging experience and knowledge. The Federation of Accountants of Uzbekistan cooperates with accounting associations from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
Keeping pace with the times, the Federation has created and successfully operates the Center for the Assessment of Qualifications of Accountants - VMVM, the results of examinations of which are recognized for certification of accountants both under the national program CPA Uz, and under the international programs CIPA and CPA EURASIA. Currently, 211 specialists are in the process of certification.
I am glad that I was fortunate enough to be at the origins of the creation and formation of our Federation. The Federation began its activities in 2001 under the name of the Association of Teachers of Business Disciplines of Uzbekistan, continued as the Federation of Accountants, Auditors and Consultants of Uzbekistan in 2010 and in 2014 already finally decided on its name, the Federation of Accountants of Uzbekistan. Each new employee and new member of the Federation Board contributed to the activity, for which we are grateful to all of them, former and current members of the Federation team.
Like every professional organization with a long history, we are looking to the future. Everything in the world is changing rapidly, professions disappear and appear. But this does not frighten us, it only makes us happy. This means there are prospects for expanding activities, searching for and introducing modern trends in the profession. We will always be with you, helping you to be professionals, dear colleagues. With professionals for development! Happy 20th anniversary to all members of the Federation and its partners!
executive director and board member of the
Federation of Accountants of Uzbekistan.
April 23, 2021.